Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Jigsawing

There are people who watch movies on TV by appointment... as in, they keep track of which channel is gonna play which movie and will make elaborate arrangements to see it undisturbed by pesky children, low-level IQ maids, interfering moms-in-law, etc.

Then there are people who will watch a film from any point in time depending on what the remote discovers. They may or may not see the film through to its end.

And then there are those who will watch a film from, say, midway till the end. They'll figure out its name (tough if it's the local cable operator and his pirated DVD) and then look out for the next screening of this film... at which point they'll watch it from the start to only the point where they had started the first time around. Get it?

This piecing together of the celluloid puzzle in not-so-equal instalments is what I call 'jigsawing'. And, to the best of my knowledge, there's just one person I know for the last 15 years who has been doing this happily.

If you know of any others, please to tell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes my other half does this all the time and it annoys the hell out of me. And I thought it was only him. How many people in the world can have the same annoying habit?

Anonymous said...

Can't remember when I saw a movie from beginning to end. Or even two consecutive episodes of the latest Sitcom / drama on TV. Working 8-8, I invariably come home to find m-i-l and s-i-ls firmly ensconced in front of the idiot box engrossed in the latest saas-bahu generation 5.0 edition. Being the "Angrej" in the family and preferring the StarWorld and HBO fare, my tv viewing happens when I travel.
I call it " Fill-in-the-Blanks" viewing - watching episodes couple of weeks apart trying to figure out what happened in between and waiting for the reruns to begin to catch up.

Gotta go, I have a flight to catch and an episode to watch

Cheers!